[rt-users] Wrong type and other settings with rt-setup-databases

Scott Boland smb at twsupport.com
Fri Aug 12 14:42:34 EDT 2016

We are in the process of moving to a new server and we will upgrade RT and
other things.  The new system will be RT 4.4.0 (Ubuntu 16.04 with MySQL
5.7).  The old system runs RT 4.0.4 (Ubuntu 12.04 with MySQL 5.5).  I am
stuck and haven't been able to find a solution elsewhere.  Thanks in
advance for any help and hopefully I didn't just miss something in the the
documentation.

When I try to do

rt-setup-databases --action upgrade

the process appears to show settings for the wrong database type and some
other things.  For example it will show Pg or sqllite even though we use
mysql and my SiteConfig has it set up that way.  I am not sure what I am
missing or how else to verify it but the settings seem to be right, just
not used.

Always the type is wrong but often the database name or user is wrong too.

I see the same type of issue if I try to use the action to drop the
database.

Thanks again for any help.  Please let me know if you need other
information to answer this.

Scott B