[rt-users] Wrong type and other settings with rt-setup-databases

Scott Boland smb at twsupport.com
Fri Aug 19 15:13:10 EDT 2016

I wasn't able to figure out the problem.  We were trying to install the
Request Tracker that was current in the Ubuntu repository.  After trying a
clean reinstall a few times I decided to get it direct from Best
Practical's site.  The version in the repository may have been RT 4.2 so
another motivation to go direct.

The install worked.  I tested the site, which worked.  Then I moved in the
old database and I was able to do the upgrade.  We are now on the new
server, running RT  4.4, and have our old tickets, etc.

I wanted to post an update in case any others find this useful.

Scott B