[rt-users] manipulate correspond content in history

Alex Vandiver alex at chmrr.net
Sat Aug 20 00:29:48 EDT 2016

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 15:26:12 +0300
Woody - Wild Thing Safaris <woody at wildthingsafaris.com> wrote:
> My correspond scrip adds a table of CF values to the correspond email
> from the template, and sends to the client. I would like those same
> changes appended to the transaction content that appears in the history,
> so it matches what was sent to the client and we know easily what was sent.

This is what the "Show" link next to the "Outgoing email recorded"
button is for.

> $self->TransactionObj->ContentObj->SetContent($content);
>
> no errors, but the content is not changed

All ->Set... methods return a tuple of ($success, $msg).  You'll find
that $success is false, and $msg is telling you that the field is
read-only.

RT views attachments as effectively immutable.  Changing this invariant
is complex, and not generally recommended.
 - Alex