[rt-users] Applying configuration changes?

Jim Brandt jbrandt at bestpractical.com
Tue Aug 30 09:38:57 EDT 2016

On 8/30/16 9:22 AM, Alex Hall wrote:
> So doing
> /etc/init.d/nginx restart
> is enough to reload RT's configuration as well? Great, that makes things
> easier. It seems odd, since I thought Nginx (or whatever your server)
> was separate from RT and needed the middleware of a FastCGI or similar
> process to let the two talk. I'm glad I was wrong. :)

Sorry, I was too vague in saying "the server". In a FCGI and nginx
deployment, nginx doesn't manage FCGI directly, so you'll need to
restart the FCGI processes. So your understanding was correct for the
nginx configuration. With Apache and FCGI, Apache manages the FCGI
processes, so restarting Apache does both.