[rt-users] Can I use rt-serializer to start a fresh RT instance?

Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) SJC at qvii.com
Tue Aug 30 14:04:53 EDT 2016

We started using RT as our ticket system around version 3.8 and are currently running 4.4.1. We have approximately 8600 tickets in the system. We have been experiencing issues with our current install (Scrips not firing properly, extensions no longer needed/compatible, etc.). If I use rt-serializer like this:

rt-serializer - directory EXPORT_PATH -size MY_FILE_SIZE -no-deleted -acls

Will this export only the ticket/transaction history & clean off any changes Extensions had made? I'm looking to try and sanitize the database as much as I can and then spin up a development box where I can test Scrips and Extensions first before deploying.

Stephen Cena
Senior Systems Administrator
Quality Vision International, Inc.
Phone: (585) 544-0450 x300