[rt-users] RTIR: Best way for customers to see all tickets for their employees

Stephen Switzer steve at sbsroc.com
Mon Dec 5 15:21:23 EST 2016

Please excuse the re-post, but I've made some progress today, and I
think I just need a tweak. I have the following code in "Custom action
preparation code":

my $groupname='Cust-Customer1';

# Load the custom group from RT
my $groupObj = RT::Group->new($RT::SystemUser);
$groupObj->LoadUserDefinedGroup($groupname);
return undef unless $groupObj;

#This worked
#my $admincclist = $self->TicketObj->AdminCc;
#$admincclist->AddMember($groupObj->Id);

#This doesn't work...
$self->TicketObj->AddWatcher(
  Type=>"Customer",
  PrincipalId=>$groupObj->Id
);
return 1;

Can anyone shed light on how to add a custom role member to a ticket on
create? If I uncomment the admincclist lines, I get it added to the
AdminCC field... but not the Customer custom role. I see no errors in
the rt.log file, which is set to warning.

Thank you!

Steve