[rt-users] supplying database credentials to rt-fulltext-indexer

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Fri Dec 9 17:30:31 EST 2016

FTS is enabled and working, but it seems to be working only on tickets that
were set up when the setup tool was run. According to the docs
(rt4/docs/full_text_indexing.pod):

To keep the index up-to-date, you will need to run:

    /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-fulltext-indexer

...at regular intervals.  By default, this will only tokenize up to 200
tickets at a time; you can adjust this upwards by passing C<--limit
500>.  Larger batch sizes will take longer and consume more memory.

What this file never says is how to tell the indexer tool how to connect to
the database. It clearly isn't pulling from the RT configuration, nor from
/home/www-data/rtrc.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department