[rt-users] LastUpdated for tickets not working?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Mon Dec 19 14:48:57 EST 2016

I'm using the Crontool, yes, but I've also been doing searches on the web
interface to see if I could get this to work. My Crontool syntax is
something like:

/opt/rt4/bin/rt-crontool --search RT::Search::FromSQL \
--search-arg "status != 'resolved' and LastUpdated <= '3 days ago'" \
--action RT::Action \
--verbose

Or:

/opt/rt4/bin/rt-crontool --search RT::Search::FromSQL \
--search-arg "status != 'resolved'" \
--condition RT::Condition::UntouchedInHours \
--arg-condition 72 \
--verbose

This shouldn't be modifying tickets, yet I'm seeing tickets created hours
or minutes ago appearing in the results. Same for my RT web searches for
similar SQL to what's above.

I'm in the database now, looking at the Tickets table and messing with
queries. I just tried this, but got an empty set:

select id, LastUpdated
from Tickets
where LastUpdated <= '3 days ago'
order by LastUpdated DESC
limit 10;

I'm not surprised I got nothing, as I imagine the '3 days ago' syntax is
something RT interprets before giving the query to the database engine.
Still, it was worth a shot. I'm now refreshing my knowledge of date math in
MySQL so I can query exactly what I want, but I hoped UntouchedInHours
would do all that for me. Oh, and yes, LastUpdated does seem to have normal
values in it. They're in GMT time, but they seem to be correct.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com