[rt-users] Emailing with NotifyOwnerOrAdminCc action?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Mon Dec 19 16:51:40 EST 2016

Hi all,
Now that I'm getting the tickets I want, I'm trying to email the owners of
those tickets. After my search and search-arg parameters for rt-crontool,
I'm doing this:

--action RT::Action::NotifyOwnerOrAdminCc \
--template "untouched ticket"

I'm missing --action-arg, but I don't know what to put for that since
NotifyOwnerOrAdminCc will, I presume, take care of it. However, I'm getting
an error:

can't call method "Message" on an undefined value at
/opt/rt4/bin/../lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm on line 1118

I'm assuming this is what I mentioned--my missing action-arg--but I don't
know what to put in there. Right now, the search is limited to just my own
tickets, but eventually it'll run with no owner restriction so it can
notify all users. Thus, the email address to use is whatever the owner's
address is, and I can't hard-code it. What's the trick to getting this to
work correctly? Thanks!

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department