[rt-users] Occasional errors sending email through RT: Duplicate header field

Landon Stewart lstewart at internap.com
Sun Dec 25 18:30:19 EST 2016

On Dec 20, 2016, at 8:46 AM, Stephen Switzer <steve at sbsroc.com<mailto:steve at sbsroc.com>> wrote:

Hello!

   I'm using RT 4.4.1 sitting behind Kolab 16 as a mail server. This includes amavisd-new as a filter, and this combination causes bounces to RT occasionally... and my customers aren't getting my replies!

   If I send an email to an RT ticket, which I am the owner of, RT sends an email on my behalf to the requestor (as it should). Unfortunately, amavisd-new sometimes sees 2 "Sender" headers and rejects the email which creates a new ticket in RT with the bounce reason. Here' the header-1.hdr attachment that amavis replies with:

Hi Steve,

What is the wording of the actual reason for the bounce within the bounce message? What do the headers of the message that bounced look like?  Does the email that's being bounced actually have multiple From: fields?  Have you tried whitelisting senders in amavisd?

--
Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management