[rt-users] RT upgrade still seeing old version

Poulter, Dale dale.poulter at Vanderbilt.Edu
Sun Feb 7 16:12:18 EST 2016

In case others experience this issue.  I was able locate 2 solutions.

1-     Recompile mod_perl2 using the current version of perl

2-     Switch from mod_perl to mod_fcgid - this is the option we selected.

-Dale

From: rt-users [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Poulter, Dale
Sent: Saturday, February 6, 2016 6:59 PM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] RT upgrade still seeing old version

We recently upgraded from 3.8.7 to 4.2.12.  The upgrade on our development machine went great and the upgrade on production seem to go well also until restarting apache with the new configuration.  When restarting it gives me the error

"Wrong version of RT 3.8.7 found; need 4.2.* at /apps/rt4/sbin/rt-server line 87.\n\t(in cleanup) Error while loading /apps/rt4/sbin/rt-server: Wrong version of RT 3.8.7 found; need 4.2.* at /apps/rt4/sbin/rt-server line 87.\n"

Has this happened to anyone else?  Any suggestions?

Installation information:  Apache/mysql (remote server)/php/mod_perl2/perl 5.16.3

Thank you.

--Dale

Dale Poulter
Coordinator, Search and Core Services