[rt-users] Migrating RT3.8 database to RT4.2

Lee Wiscovitch lwiscovitch at monetra.com
Mon Feb 8 16:35:31 EST 2016

So first off, somehow never used a mailing list before so if I'm doing
this wrong many apologies ;)

We're currently running RT3.8.11 on Ubuntu and it's functioning about as
best as we can expect.

I'm currently documenting/testing installing RT4.2 via aptitude on
Debian Jessie. We're trying to avoid installing from source for several
reasons.

I'm getting to the point that I need to figure out how to handle
migrating the tickets/attachments from the RT3.8 instance to this new
RT4.2 instance.

I found this page:

http://www.math.ias.edu/~tarzadon/pages/posts/migrating-rt-3.6.4-to-rt-4.0-88.php

And while the versions are off, seems simple enough.

My concern is that is all I've found so far, so don't want to just
blindly assume that is the best way to approach this.

We're not going to upgrade the existing RT3.8 instance, we want a new
fresh RT4.2 instance but with the existing tickets/attachments.

There is no import/export feature that I can use right?

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated!