[rt-users] Subject line getting munged with 3rd party ticketing system (HelpSpot)

saxmad g.mason at fairfx.com
Thu Feb 18 11:38:51 EST 2016

Hi,

We are trying to get our RT system working in conjunction with HelpSpot, the
ticketing system one of our main suppliers has just implemented.  There is a
problem whereby one of the systems is deciding to change the subject line,
causing a new ticket to be raised unnecessarily.

The actions taken during the test are as follows:

Query sent to HelpSpot from RT
Subject Line: [support #646306] Test

Reply from HelpSpot
Subject Line: [support #646306] Test {13335}

Received by RT as the following which appears to strip out the reference
generated within the curly brackets
Subject Line: [support #646306] Test

Reply by RT to HelpSpot as the below then generates a new ticket within
HelpSpot as it uses the reference number enclosed within curly brackets.
Subject Line: [support #646306] Test {13336}

I'd like to know which end is causing the subject line to be munged, losing
the reference number in curly braces, and causing extra tickets to be
created.  I have to say that it looks like the RT end is causing this.

Can someone tell me why this is happening, and possibly how to fix this.

Thanks in advance.