[rt-users] Error by attaching .PDF + fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 75

Marcelo Calado | TBS TAX Services mcalado at tbstaxservices.com
Fri Feb 19 12:50:00 EST 2016

Hi There!
My RT 4.12 + Centos works fine and my fetchmail as well. But sometimes, just
for some PDF attachments I got an error  " HTTP request failed: 500 Internal
Server Error. Your webserver logs may have more information or there may be
a network problem " by WEB UI or " fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 75
" by fetchmail. It's happened no matter what the file size is.

I've checked  some points:
Package mod_perl-2.0.4-11.el6_5.x86_64 already installed and latest version

There are no error on my logs, except on my fetchmail log file when I tried
to get the e-mail trough MDA, but it's happened just for some PDF files. I
still have not identify  which type of file format it is.

I've following this:
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/TroubleShooting#Syslog_error_.27MDA_ret
urned_nonzero_status_75.27_when_using_fetchmail.2C_procmail_or_similar

I've following this link: http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC49

In some forums, someone has indicated this:
/etc/request-tracker3.6/apache2-modperl2.conf
At the bottom it says:
# Limit mail gateway access to localhost by default
<Location /rt/REST/1.0/NoAuth>
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Location>

But.... I do not have  this file!

My httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost *:443>
ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log
LogLevel warn
SSLEngine on
SSLProtocol ALL -SSLv2 -SSLv3
SSLCipherSuite
EECDH+AESGCM:EECDH+AES256:EECDH+AES128:EECDH+3DES:EDH+AES:RSA+AESGCM:RSA+AES
:RSA+3DES:!ECDSA:!NULL:!MD5:!DSS
SSLCertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca.crt #SSLCertificateFile
/etc/httpd/ssl/apache.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/tls/private/ca.key #SSLCertificateKeyFile
/etc/httpd/ssl/apache.key
#SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/server-chain.crt
#SSLVerifyClient require
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>
<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
         nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
         downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
          "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

#   Request Tracker
ServerName myserver.com:443
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
DocumentRoot /opt/rt4/share/html
Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt4/share/html/NoAuth/images/
ScriptAlias / /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi/ <Location />
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Location>
<Directory "/opt/rt4/sbin">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

On my /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf:

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
             nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
             downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
SSLProtocol ALL -SSLv2 -SSLv3
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP

What could we be missing? Thanks so much in advance for helping us to
resolve the setup.

Marcelo Calado.