[rt-users] A few Op's questions from a new user

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 19 02:25:51 EST 2016

On 18-1-2016 22:59, Mike Diehl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've recently started using RT.  I chose it because it was written in Perl (as
> is the rest of my system) and had a lot of integration  and extension hooks.
>

> 3.  If a customer opens a ticket but requests several things, what is the best
> way to track the progress of those tasks individually?  I see that I should be
> able to create associated tickets, but I don't see/understand how those get
> related and updated.  I would love some comments on how others manage this.
If they enter their requests in a structured way then you could parse it
and automatically create tickets.
We use a modified version from the wiki which splits a request in
components and makes depends on tickets from it.
Ex:
This is the body of the parent ticket which will get split into multiple
tasks.
- This would be the subject of task one
And this would be the body of task one. Can span multiple lines if you wish.
- This would be the subject of task two
And ofcourse the body
- - This would be the subject of task two.one
and the body.

Regards,

Joop