[rt-users] View dashboard of another user who's searches depend on __CurrentUser__

Woody - Wild Thing Safaris woody at wildthingsafaris.com
Mon Jan 25 12:29:20 EST 2016

HI Sally,

Thanks for your input.

My overall goal is to make it easy for another team member to take over
another's work while they are away. Since each person is using the same
dashboard all based on __CurrentUser__, only someone logged in as user X
can see user X's tickets.

Your idea of using OwnerGroup has given me an idea of a possible
solution  - I create an identical dashboard but based on OwnerGroup and
not __CurrentUser__ where OwnerGroup = "holiday" and if someone is away,
I add them to the group holiday, in which case their tickets will be
visible in that dashboard.

Where it's going to fail though is with the LastUpdated != "__CurrentUser__"
I can't replace that __CurrentUser__ with OwnerGroup. It would need to
be '__privileged__ ' or LastUpdated = '__Requestor__' or something, or i
list all the users of the queue in a long LastUpdated != "fred" AND
Lastupdated !="jane" etc.

thanks for the inspiration and if you have any ideas about the
LastUpdated - that would be great!

w.

--

-----------------------