[rt-users] Set custom field on a transaction via REST?

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Mon Jan 25 22:05:27 EST 2016

Hey,

On Wed, 2016-01-20 at 08:28 -0600, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> I don't believe the 1.0 REST API supports txn CFs.
>
> Some options are:
>
> * Hack together something for the 1.0 REST.
> * Totally bypass the REST and do something via perl executables and
> ssh.
> * Try out the new REST interface
>
> https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-rest2
>
> Depending on your needs the above list may be bad advice - use with
> caution.

It looked like the path of least resistance for now was to add this
functionality to the REST 1.0 interface.

The last three commits on this branch[0] add required functionality.
Commit 35650ec actually extends the API and provides test cases.

Cheers,
Andrew

[0] https://github.com/catalyst/rt/tree/4.2/add-txn-rest-customfield

--