[rt-users] Searching ticket subjects

Nilesh me at nileshgr.com
Mon Jul 11 23:28:07 EDT 2016

Hello,

I have installed RT and to quite an extent been able to understand and tune
it to my needs. But I have a problem: many times multiple people are
involved in a ticket and they come as CC in the mail.

I have installed one extension which extracts CC/AdminCC from the mail and
adds them to the ticket, but that doesn't yet solve my problem which is:

New ticket gets created if it is not a reply to the automatic reply that is
sent by RT because their replies does not contain the queue subject tag.

What I'm thinking of doing is, doing a fuzzy search based on the requestors
/ cc when a new mail arrives and put the message as a correspondence in the
existing ticket if subject does not contain the subject tag. I think this
will be very inefficient but at least it will solve the problem of
duplicate tickets that I'm facing a lot right now.

How should I go about doing this? I couldn't find the API for REST
mailgateway which I I see is getting called from the rt-mailgate script.