[rt-users] Searching ticket subjects

Nilesh me at nileshgr.com
Tue Jul 12 13:36:44 EDT 2016

On Tue, 2016-07-12 at 08:40 -0500, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 07:06:41PM +0530, Nilesh wrote:

> > > Does the default RT strip that off? Because I'm not seeing in one recent
> > > duplicate created in the manner I described.
> > >
> > Ah it's hidden inside 'show full headers'. This is interesting. Is there
> > some documentation about this header?
> Hi,
>
> You can look at the RFC's, but that was the header that provided the most
> value in reducing duplicate tickets.
>
> Regards,
> Ken

As this discussion is going on a few duplicate tickets were created in the
system and this definitely looks like a good way to solve it. Did you use
ExtractCustomFields module to get this done?

I'm thinking of doing it like this:
Run ExtractCustomFields on every correspond to get the Message ID out of the
headers. Then I can search through this field probably using a customized rt-
mailgate. Does that sound good? I don't think there's a way using scrips because
by the time scrip executes ticket is already created (unless something is
possible in the "On transaction" condition).