[rt-users] Changing shape of ticket ID

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Thu Jun 16 03:30:55 EDT 2016

Le 16/06/2016 à 08:23, Primoz Jeroncic a écrit :

> I'm sure it can be done, but no matter how much I try and search, I
> don't find way how to do it.

it can be done, but it's a bit tricky, to do it cleanly you have to
override some methods by starting from:

grep SubjectTag lib/ -r

;)

> PS: I know changing this, would break all connections of new
> tickets/replies to old tickets with existing tickets, but I'm fine with
> that.

no, you can stay backward compatible in RT::Interface::Email::ParseTicketId

if it was me I would not change the default format, just allow for
incoming other formats if needed.