[rt-users] RT_SiteConfig.pm error formatting question

Dustin Graves dustin at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 22 12:09:47 EDT 2016

Hi Brian,

The RT_SiteConfig.pm file is not a script that you run manually. It is read automatically by RT. Please see the documentation https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/web_deployment.html <https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/web_deployment.html> for information about setting up the web server. You can also run a standalone server to test with something like

$ sudo /opt/rt4/sbin/standalone_httpd

This will let you know if your config is valid and you have done everything else leading up to this point. If you are getting some kind of errors, I would recommend you follow the steps in the README https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/README.html <https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/README.html> to ensure that you have all of the dependencies installed and your database is set-up correctly.

Thank you,
Dustin