[rt-users] How RT know it's new or not ticket

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Wed Jun 22 15:35:22 EDT 2016

 Le 22/06/2016 à 16:21:25+0000, Jeffrey Pilant a écrit
> Albert Shih writes:
> >I would like to know on which header/subject RT know a incomming mail
> >(throught rt-mailgate) is a answer to a old ticket.
> >
> >I ask that because I got this problem :
> >
> >  2 queues on our RT. One open ? A??, one ??B ??mostly close strict
> >
> >  A ticket is created in B.
> >
> >  Some user (rt user) forward the message from RT to user X.
> >
> >  X answer to this message, but he not allow to answer on this queue
> >  (he's not a Cc).
> >
> >  So RT answer to X with a ? permission denied ??message.
> >
> >  X try to forward (yes a true forward throught the mta) this message
> >  to queue A and also get a permission denied.
> >
> >  I check inside the log of RT, and see the RT still think the
> >  forwarded message is a answer to queue B.
>
> The design of RT will route email with a subject containing the ticket
> number to the queue where the ticket is.  If that is in a queue the
> email sender is not allowed, then you get permission denied messages.
> This routing overrides the named queue routing based on the email
> address.

Ok. I understand. Just to be sure, can you confirm RT do not use the

inside the header to routing the mail.

> To solve this, either grant permission, remove the ticket number (and
> break the connection to the existing ticket), or reply to someone who

Well it's hard to explain to requestors who barely understand what's a
email why they need to change the subject. Especially juste the #[0-9]*

> has access so that they can forward to RT.

Yes I know that. The point is I through when I forward a message (meaning
NO X-RT header) RT will know it's not a answer for some old ticket and
automatically ignore the subject.

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH