[rt-users] Display custom fields in a ticket

Jeffrey Pilant jeffrey.pilant at bayer.com
Mon Mar 28 14:14:12 EDT 2016

Joop wrote:
>I just logged into our RT instance to make sure I use the correct terms.
>Goto the top menu: Admin/CustomFields/Select
>Make sure you have ticket CFs displayed (Only show custom fields for Field)
>Select one that is visible in the old system.
>Now select 'Applies to' from the top right menu
>There it should show you whether that CF is globally visible or only for
>selected queues and a list of unselected queues.

Under this menu path, I get:
|  Apply Globally
|  [ ] check this box to apply this Custom Field to all objects.
|  Selected objects
|    # Name   Description             Address  Priority  DefaultDueIn  Lifecycle  SubjectTag  Status
|    4 XXXXX  Queue for XXXXX Issues  -/-      0-0       0             default                Enabled
|  Unselected objects

>Another route would be to select Admin/Queues/Select, select the queue
>where your CFs aren't visible anymore and then Select 'Custom Fields'
>from the top right menu. That should give you a list of all CFs that are
>applicable to that queue.

Under this menu path, I get:
|  Selected Custom Fields
|    [ ]  #  Name  Added  Type  Pattern  Status  Move
|  Unselected Custom Fields
|    [ ]  #  Name  Added  Type  Pattern  Status

>You could add a new group add yourself to it and give that group all
>rights possible. If the CFs show up than its a rights problem, if they
>don't than you have a problem in the database, you can check with
>rt-validator.

In my last email, I mentioned the few rights I did not have.  None looked like they would be controlling this.  I will skip creating an uber group for the moment.

Logging in as administrator on the server, then invoking su to run as root, I get:
|  InformaticsRT:/opt/rt4/sbin # ./rt-validator -c
|  [26637] [Mon Mar 28 17:48:58 2016] [info]: Using internal Perl HTML -> text conversion (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:1818)
|  Record #7 in ObjectCustomFieldValues references a nonexistent record in Articles
|          ObjectId => '1' => id
|
|  Record #3 in Links. Value of Base column most probably is an incorrect link
|  Record #245 in Transactions. Value of NewValue column most probably is an incorrect link
|  Record #2611 in Transactions. Value of NewValue column most probably is an incorrect link
|  Record #4 in Links. Value of Target column most probably is an incorrect link
|  Record #5 in Links. Value of Target column most probably is an incorrect link
|  Record #3 in Links. Value of Target column most probably is an incorrect link
|  Record #4 in Links. Value of Base column most probably is an incorrect link
|  Record #5 in Links. Value of Base column most probably is an incorrect link
|
|  InformaticsRT:/opt/rt4/sbin #

While there are some minor issues, this does not show the level of errors I would expect from a corrupted DB not showing custom fields.

>If you create a new CF does it show up?

I tried creating a new object.
It does not show up.

>Joop

I truly appreciate your assistance.

Could this be a customization of the old system?  If so, what files would exist to hold the customization?  [I know there is an overload mechanism, and maybe some config stuff, but I don't recall the details.]  If I could locate the old file set and look at those files, maybe it will give me an idea to try.

/jeff

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or
legally privileged.  Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not
constitute a waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in
error, please do not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward,
or disclose any part of this message.  Please also delete this e-mail
and all copies and notify the sender.  Thank you.

For alternate languages please go to http://bayerdisclaimer.bayerweb.com