[rt-users] hotmail address requester does not get email notifications if reply sent via a mail client

Sunny ssn at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Mar 29 08:52:24 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an issue with a particular queue where by a Hotmail
address requester does not get email notifications if their ticket is
replied to via a mail client - RT gets updated with the reply but it
doesn't send out an email to the requester. If the same ticket is
replied to via RT web the Hotmail address requester does receive a reply
- again RT gets updated with the reply but this time it does send out an
email to the requester.

It's only to Hotmail addresses where I see this issue, gmail and our
domain is fine.

The setup of the queue (example)...

Queue name = queue1
Reply Address = queue1 at xyz.org

The actual queue email address is queue1 at abc.org
queue1 at xyz.org forwards to queue1 at abc.org which then goes into RT at
rt4 at helpdesk.abc.org

If I change the reply address from queue1 at xyz.org to queue1 at abc.org the
RT gets updated and the hotmail address requester receives the reply,
however, I need the reply address to be queue1 at xyz.org.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Regards