[rt-users] Display custom fields in a ticket

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 29 15:06:53 EDT 2016

On 29-3-2016 2:09, Jeffrey Pilant wrote:

> Joop wrote:
>
> > Jeffrey Pilant wrote:
>
> > >/Could this be a customization of the old system?  If so, what files
> would exist /
>
> /> > to hold the customization?  [I know there is an overload
> mechanism, and maybe some /
>
> /> > config stuff, but I don't recall the details.]  If I could locate
> the old file set /
>
> /> > and look at those files, maybe it will give me an idea to try./
>
> >/ /
>
> > Possible but it could be hidden or it could be obvious.
>
> > If its done well than the customisation should be done in the
>
> > /opt/rt4/local/ tree and it would survive updates. Now its probably not
>
> > a plugin so you could skip looking at the plugins folder but you never
>
> > know. Do you run plugins?
>
> > Anything in the 'lib' or 'html' folder may overrule the same file from
>
> > /opt/rt4/{lib|html} and anything in the callback folder can add/overrule
>
> > parts or anything using the callback mechanism built into RT
>
> > So is anything in it in the old system?
>
> > If it isn't done nicely then things get tricky. Source files can be
>
> > altered directly and finding them could involve getting a diff between
>
> > whats installed now and how a pristine installed tree looks like.
>
> > Looking at modified dates might also be a way to find diffs.
>

> > Lets see how far we get this time :-)
>

> > Joop
>

> I think I have some customized old system files.  I don’t have any
> .../local file
>
> Overrides in the 3.8.4 system.  But based on your info, I found the file
>
>         Ticket/Elements/ShowSummary
>
> Which looked to be customized (or at least it shows the text “Custom
> Fields”.

I also run an old RT install (3.8) and that is how the ShowSummary
should look.

> Comparing the two, it is clear that the 4.2.10 version does not have
> these Fields as part of the file.  Below is a DOS diff, showing the
> differences of between the files.  Can you tell me what file(s) I need
> to create to make a local override in the new system, and what you
> suggest for the contents?  The new system is a clean install, so the
> files should be default values.  Also, what other files do I need to
> look at for these custom fields?  I.e., ticked edit, self-service,
> others....

In 4.2 BP introduced the concept of CustomFieldGrouping where you can
add CFs to other metadata blocks like Dates or People thats why
ShowSummary is different.
Could it be that the configuration variable todo wiht CF-Grouping has
been modified (incorrectly)??

Joop