[rt-users] Custom role?

Shawn Moore shawn at bestpractical.com
Mon May 9 15:13:27 EDT 2016

Hi Guadagnino,

On 2016年5月6日 at 3:08:53, Guadagnino Cristiano (guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it) wrote:
> Shawn,
> I'm sorry but I think I still need some help.
>
> I disabled the single-member custom role and created a new
> multiple-member custom role.
>
> I applied it to a queue, and then I entered the queue configuration and
> added myself as GroupManager on that queue.
>
> After that, if I look at the tickets in that queue (both those
> pre-existing and those created afterwards) I see no user in the
> GroupManager field.
>
> I would have expected to see my name as GroupManager.
> How is this supposed to work?

You won’t see your name as GroupManager on individual tickets, since your user was added at the queue level. You should be able to add additional users on the ticket level and they’ll show up on tickets. However, permissions, notifications, (e.g. anything that uses the list of role members) will include both ticket-level and queue-level members. This is how the builtin roles AdminCc and Cc work too.

> Thank you in advance.
> Cris

Thanks,
Shawn