[rt-users] RT4 Install on Centos7+Internal Server Error

Bill Cole rtusers-20090205 at billmail.scconsult.com
Mon May 16 12:44:10 EDT 2016

On 9 May 2016, at 12:11, Brad wrote:

> Hi Yanni,
>
> Yes it is still the same error as back in February that I posted to
> the Best Pratical Bug and also brought up in this mail group.
>
> Here is what I was getting with specific errors in the require.pm and
> RT.pm:
>
> Just an FYI that I have never gotten it to load past the 500 error...
> and the RT bug webpage seems to have been taken down...
>

> Hi Matt,
>
> For configuring fcgid I do not see a configure web-handler choice for
> fcgid in configure --help.

That's because from RT's position, mod_fcgid and mod_fastcgi present the
identical fastcgi interface.

> It has fastcgi (default) modperl1 modperl2 and standalone. What is the
> correct configure to use with fcgid?

You should run the configure script in the RT4 source tree with
"--with-web-handler=fastcgi" or no "--with-web-handler" argument at all,
since fastcgi is the default.

Note that the configure script configures the RT source code for the
ensuing build process, i.e. the 'make' commands. It DOES NOT configure
Apache for you.

> Currently I am using fastcgi which has produced the below errors.
>
> Thanks,
> Brad
>
> On 02/21/2016 01:59 PM, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 11:20 AM, Brad <bradzynda42 at comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Set it up as Piotr pointed out but now getting an Internal error:
>>>
>>> [Sun Feb 21 16:51:48.198523 2016] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 32464]
>>> AH00163: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_fcgid/2.3.9
>>> PHP/5.4.16 mod_perl/2.0.9dev Perl/v5.16.3 configured -- resuming
>>> normal
>>> operations
>>>

>>> Can't locate UNIVERSAL/require.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
>>> /opt/rt4/sbin/../local/lib /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib
>>> /usr/local/lib64/perl5
>>> /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
>>> /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at
>>> /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT.pm line 60.
>>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT.pm line
>>> 60.
>>> Compilation failed in require at /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi line
>>> 86.

That's an indication that you do not have the UNIVERSAL::require Perl
module installed in a proper location. The most likely cause of that on
CentOS7 is using CPAN (particularly as a non-root user) to install Perl
modules, as "make fixdeps" does. If done blindly, that is likely to
result in a ~/perl/ directory with your CPAN-installed modules which
won't be visible to RT.

You are better off enabling the EPEL repository and using yum to install
the needed packages of Perl modules needed for RT. You can probably make
"make fixdeps" do the right thing (once you've enabled the EPEL repo) by
passing it a suitable alternative installation command in the
RT_FIX_DEPS_CMD environment variable like this:

RT_FIX_DEPS_CMD='/bin/yum install -y perl-%s' make fixdeps

And of course, that must be run as root to be able to install the
dependencies in the system-wide Perl library tree.