[rt-users] Searching ticket content?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Mon Nov 7 08:57:32 EST 2016

Hello list,
Some users at work are wondering if they can search ticket contents?
There's no way in the search builder, but I know I can plug any SQL I want
to into the advanced search. Even if I knew the SQL to use, though, that's
only a saved search for that string. Could I somehow offer users a way to
search for a string they enter when they're ready to search? I don't want
to expose the actual SQL query, as there's too much chance of a misplaced
punctuation mark or mistyped character causing errors. Thanks.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com