[rt-users] color-coding tickets by priority?

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Mon Nov 7 10:10:11 EST 2016

Hi Alex,

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 8:49 AM, Alex Hall <ahall at autodist.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
> Now that I have priority on the main ticket creation page rather than the
> details page, people are using it more. I'm expecting the next question I
> get to be about making tickets of certain priorities more visually striking
> in results lists. For instance, if a color is 30-50 (our cap is 50), could
> it be made a different color than the tickets that are 1-29, while tickets
> at 0 are a third color? RT may already do this, I'm not sure, since I use a
> screen reader. If it doesn't, can it be made to?

Here is a link that I used many years ago to get started with custom
styles for ticket search results.

https://rt-wiki.bestpractical.com/wiki/ShowStatusInColor

I took a quick look at our site module (that I based off the above
link) and the key concept is utilizing the ColumnMap, which implies
tweaks to the columns of the resulting ticket listing. I'm not sure if
there is something that equally manipulates the ticket "row". A quick
grep of the source tree for "rowmap" yielded zero results.

 At the least, do tickets
> have a class I could use in CSS to do this?

Have you checked the HTML source of a listing of tickets?

 If not, it would be easy enough
> to add that to the div in the HTML, but before I go making solutions, I
> wanted to see what RT already had in place.

-m