[rt-users] Unable to drag files to attach them?

Shawn M Moore shawn at bestpractical.com
Tue Nov 8 16:10:15 EST 2016

Hi Landon, Alex,

> On Nov 8, 2016, at 14:51, Landon Stewart <lstewart at internap.com> wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2016, at 10:39 AM, Alex Hall <ahall at autodist.com <mailto:ahall at autodist.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> Users are complaining that they can't drag/drop files to attach them to tickets. I can't see the screen, so don't use a mouse, so can't test this first-hand. Are there browsers or other variables that are known to stop this functionality, or did I disable something I shouldn't have? Thanks.
>
> I can say that I've never dragged and dropped a file onto a ticket to attach it.  It sounds like users might just be used to sites like imgur and the like who let you do this because they have scripts that make it possible and they expect it to be possible for RT.  They'll have to click the "Choose File" button while updating a ticket and actually choose the file.

In RT 4.4, we did add support for dragging and dropping attachments onto tickets. We have a quick demo of this feature in action at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBwYK1a8W7U#t=1m23s <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBwYK1a8W7U#t=1m23s> and described on our blog at https://bestpractical.com/blog/2015/12/whats-new-in-44-improved-attachment-handling <https://bestpractical.com/blog/2015/12/whats-new-in-44-improved-attachment-handling>

Unfortunately, Alex, it's not clear to me why it would be broken for your users. If you can provide any more information about what your users are experiencing as well as which browsers they're trying it in, we may be able to pinpoint a cause.

Best,
Shawn