[rt-users] Mapping users of a particular LDAP database to a specific queue

Martin Wheldon martin.wheldon at greenhills-it.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 08:26:54 EST 2016

Hi Maneesh,

> We have a requirement of mapping users of a particular LDAP database
> to a specific queue.

Just to clarify your first statement, do you require a particular set of
user accounts stored in LDAP
to only have access to one or more queues?

If that is the case then this can be achieved using a combination of the
External Authentication and LDAPimport
functionality, documentation can be found here:

   https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/authentication.html
   https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/RT/LDAPImport.html

The External Auth handles user import, but you need LDAP Import to
create the groups, these groups can either by static
groups or dynamically created using a LDAP search filter.

Then all you need to do is assign the correct perms for the group and
apply it to the queue.

Sorry to describe at such a high level, but the authentication system is
very flexible and with that comes
a little complexity.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards