[rt-users] Unable to create tickets after MySQL update?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Mon Nov 14 16:45:06 EST 2016

Hi all,
Ticket creation is working, now that I've finally gotten it out of strict
mode. You'd think it would check its own cnf file for errors on startup,
but nope, it doesn't notice until you try to log in using the 'mysql -u'
command. Not even an error in the log file. Anyway...

Priority is still not sticking, which doesn't surprise me. If RT is
inserting a string into an int, MySQL would put a 0 in that field. What did
surprise me is that disabling the PriorityAsString extension didn't help. I
set the priority to be 15, and when I created the cicket, it was still 0.
Yet the log shows none of the messages I've been seeing, as though it
thought it worked. Very odd stuff.

As to testing, yes, I normally do. I got to work very early today--a
Monday--with my mind set on updating MySQL and enabling full text search
before people got here and started using the system. Because of the hour,
or maybe because the tutorials I'd read made updating sound so easy, I
completely forgot to run all this on the test server first. Not a good move
on my part.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department