[rt-users] Failed attempt to create a ticket by email, from US-CERT at ncas.us-cert.gov

Reza reza.toronto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:38:10 EST 2016

Stephen:

I faced a similar challenge when I first started to use RT.  As
commented by our friend, the "view queue" has nothing to do with the
issue you faced.

The issue is, "/...  attempted to create a ticket via email in the queue
Incident Reports; you might need to grant 'Everyone' the CreateTicket
right/"

...  basically means the "_*Requester*_" ("Request_*o*_r"in RT)  does
not have permissions to create the ticket.

Under your "ROLES" per the screen shot you have sent, you are
highlighted as "Owner".

Select "Request_*o*_r"under ROLES and then enable "create tickets".

The person handling the ticket or assumed ownership is called "Owner".
The person who sent the ticket for support, is **not necessarily** the
"Owner".
I would also allow the requester, to "Comment on tickets".

In a nutshell, the "Owner" of the ticket is not necessarily the requester.
In the practical world, the person who has sent a ticket / support
request, is usually called the "Requestor"

I also see you have multiple groups assigned under your "Incident
Reports" queue.  The "deny" option takes precedence over "allow" option
per my experience,  so it is also possible that one of your groups under
"User Groups", under your "Incident Reports" queue does not have
permission to create tickets.

Would appreciate the members here to correct me if I'm wrong in any of
the above.

Cheers!
Reza.