[rt-users] how to supply db credentials to rt-email-dashboards?

Landon Stewart lstewart at internap.com
Fri Nov 25 19:31:44 EST 2016

On Nov 25, 2016, at 2:08 PM, Alex Hall <ahall at autodist.com<mailto:ahall at autodist.com>> wrote:

Hi list,
I'm trying to run /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-email-dashboards, but am getting an error that the database credentials are not correct. They aren't, but why? If they get picked up from the configuration, they should be correct, since RT itself is running just fine. If they aren't gotten from the configuration files, where do they come from and how can I supply them? The tool's help text didn't list any DB settings as possible flags. Thanks.

In the homedir of the user that runs the rt-email-dashboards create a file called '.rtrc'.

That file should contain:
server <url to rt instance>
user root
passwd <password>

Example:
# cat ~root/.rtrc
server http://localhost/rt
user root
passwd ohsupaihai7moR1

--
Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management