[rt-users] Looking for users of RT 4.4 that use the Asset feature

Aaron McCormack aaron at backblaze.com
Tue Nov 29 18:39:43 EST 2016

That is how I do it too, via a bash script collecting details and uploading a CSV when systems boot, then having a cron job import them to RT via the RT-Extension-Assets-Import-CSV extension.

However, I am on 4.2 using the Best Practical Assets Extension, not 4.4 with native assets.

> Well, there is,
> but the searchable text entry requires you to know the asset number in order
> to add it, which isn't too useful. But imo this is a solveable problem, I'll
> post when I have figured it out.

To search for adding assets (not sure if it works on 4.4), I use a hack from http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2014-June/083691.html <http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2014-June/083691.html> However, I encourage my team to go to the asset first and create a linked ticket from there as best practice.

Aaron