[rt-users] simple search not finding words in subjects?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed Nov 30 10:46:48 EST 2016

Hi all,
My boss said he couldn't find a ticket that he thought he should be able to
find. He was searching a customer name, let's say Custname. I thought at
first the problem was that the ticket was resolved, but I was wrong.

The problem appears to be that simple search is looking for "content like
"searchTerm"". When I changed it to "subject like "searchTerm"", the ticket
in question came right up.

I guess I need to set simple search to look for "content like "searchTerm"
OR subject like "searchTerm"". But I see no way to customize the simple
search query in the configuration options. Is this possible? If so, what's
the recommended way? In case it matters, we do have full text indexing on.
RT4.4.1 on Debian 8. Thanks!

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department