[rt-users] Making ticket history easier to read

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Tue Oct 4 13:20:32 EDT 2016

On Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 07:13:12PM +0200, Joop wrote:
> On 4-10-2016 16:31, Alex Hall wrote:
> > Sorry to ask something I've already posted about, but this is the last
> > major area my boss and coworkers are all continuing to ask me about.
> > It's also one area on which I can find nothing at all.
> >
> > People want the ticket history to read more like a forum or instant
> > message conversation, rather than an email reply chain with tons of
> > extra links. Just for two replies on a ticket, here's what we all see:
> Have a look at RT::Extension::HistoryFilter which will hide quite a bit
> of history.
>
> Regards,
>
> Joop

Hi,

This functionality is included natively in newer RT releases. If just the
few additional links are problematic, you may want to look at:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/BasicVsAdvancedInterface

It allow you to toggle to the SelfService interface which is much more
basic. If that does not work, you will need to take a look at the options
to customize your local system. If you do it cleanly, then updates are
much simpler.

Regards,
Ken