[rt-users] Queue template not available for queue scripts

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Fri Oct 7 11:34:04 EDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 07, 2016 at 11:24:06AM -0400, Alex Hall wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm kind of jumping around, both trying to update the test RT instance and
> do more with our production instance between other projects, so sorry for
> seeming to be all over the place with questions.
>
> I've been asked to disallow email replies (easily done) but to offer a link
> in the body of email notifications for users to click that will open a new
> email. Essentially, the whole quoted text thing is making everyone so mad
> they want to force responses to always come from a new message. I made my
> first attempt at a template for this, but can't seem to assign it to the
> queue's script.
>
> I went to queues > Technology (where I'll be testing this) and created a
> new template. I saved it, and I see it in the list of queue templates. I
> then went to Scripts from the same queue, chose a script, and tried to pull
> up my newly made custom template. It is nowhere in the list of templates,
> though. I see all the stock ones, but the one I just made and which appears
> in the queue templates list fails to appear in the list of templates for
> scripts.
>
> Did I do something wrong, or miss a step? I don't want this to apply to all
> queues until I know it works, so I need to limit it to just one queue. Do I
> have to make my template the same name as a global one, or can I customize
> a script to use my custom template? Thanks.
>
> --
> Alex Hall
> Automatic Distributors, IT department
> ahall at autodist.com

Hi Alex,

It sounds like you may want to have something in your Email template that
you send that will set-off the reply in a way that you can filter it on the
inbound side:

---REPLY BELOW THIS LINE---

---REPLY ABOVE THIS LINE---

Then clip the message on the receiving side. That is pretty much what all
of the systems that I have seen do. It is not my personal preference because
you lose the ability to reference items from a previous update in-line.

Regards,
Ken