[rt-users] Using self service interface for privileged users in 4.4.1?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed Oct 12 09:51:02 EDT 2016

The below code is great, thank you. I'm trying now to figure out a way to
toggle the interface while staying on the current page, but I'll have to do
more reading first.

Using callbacks, can I remove items from existing templates? That is, could
I remove the 'Assets' menu item in addition to adding my own menu items? Or
provide my own implementation of something, like modifying the text of an
existing menu item? My ultimate goal is still to simplify the history
display on ticket summaries, but the menu seems a safe place to get my feet
wet.

I did also download and look at the source of that extension. It's making
some sense, but I'm still very new to Perl and Mason, so am learning them
at the same time as the callback mechanisms. I'll get there. :)

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com