[rt-users] clarification on callbacks

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed Oct 12 16:53:05 EDT 2016

Callbacks I get now, at least I'm pretty sure I do. I've been reading the
docs for RT objects, and if I can use any of the properties and methods
I've found, I can see how plugins are so powerful.

My sticking point now is modifying what's already there. I can remove items
from a menu with deleteKey, but I haven't found a way to remove items from
other areas of RT and replace them with my own. My ultimate goal, as I've
said, is to redo the ticket history section on ticket summary and history
pages, to make it easier to read and follow. I have an idea of how I'd make
the display I want to see, but how do I also get rid of the default one?
Callbacks let you insert your own functionality at certain points,
but--understandably--they don't seem as willing to let you get at the
existing structure. If I wanted to get rid of history and put in my own, or
hide the time worked/estimated section entirely, could I do so? If I can,
where is a good place to start reading about how? Thanks!

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com