[rt-users] rt-setup-fulltext-index dropped DB connections with MySQL

Jim Brandt jbrandt at bestpractical.com
Fri Oct 14 08:37:25 EDT 2016

We have also run into a possible mysql bug related to indexing starting
in version 5.6.29. The symptom is similar to your report and we saw this
sort of error in the mysql log:

InnoDB: Assertion failure in thread 140011690678016 in file row0merge.cc
line 794

At the time our solution was to revert back to mysql 5.6.28 which didn't
have the issue. We don't know yet if this is fixed in a newer release.