[rt-users] Greetings from a New RT user in Toronto.

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Mon Oct 24 17:16:16 EDT 2016

Customizing email notifications as in #3 is done through the templates. As
root, or a super user, go to Admin > Templates > Select. There you'll find
a table with all the templates the system uses. Admin > Scripts is where
you can see which templates go to which events. The wiki (
rt-wiki.bestpractical.com) has a couple helpful pages on templates, such as
https://rt-wiki.bestpractical.com/wiki/TemplateSnippets

You grant users the right to transfer, own, take, and steal tickets. RT
likes you to use groups rather than granting rights on a user-by-user
basis. For instance, our system has five queues, and each queue has a
queue_staff and queue_users group. In the staff group for each queue, we
grant the rights I mentioned. This way, simply adding a user to the staff
group in their queue is enough to give them all the rights they need.

As you may have found, rights are integral to not just what users can do
with tickets, but to which tickets and queues they can view at all. Getting
to know the rights system will help a lot.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com