[rt-users] Greetings from a New RT user in Toronto.

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Tue Oct 25 16:44:16 EDT 2016

I'm just taking a shot in the dark, not knowing the code base well, but
what about this. You keep the actual number, but add things before and
after it. For instance:
1207b6988c77
where the ID is 988. Your filter is a letter followed by a number, then
your ID, then a letter. You can add random numbers before and after this to
as much length as you want. The random digit after the first letter will
make it far less obvious where the actual ID is, since the ID would change
for a new ticket, as would the random digit. You might even be able to
avoid reuse by tracking the letters and digit used, giving you 26*26*3
patterns before you'd have to start over. Not true random, but maybe it's
enough for your purposes and would be less of a process to implement?
Again, this is just a thought from someone who doesn't know the code well
at all.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department