[rt-users] Seeing this error in the log

Landon Stewart lstewart at internap.com
Tue Oct 25 17:29:36 EDT 2016

On Oct 25, 2016, at 2:17 PM, Alex Hall <ahall at autodist.com<mailto:ahall at autodist.com>> wrote:

Hello list,
Every so often, and seemingly randomly, I see this error in /var/log/messages just as the FCGI server stops working:

Oct 25 13:43:07 RTServer RT: [8137] Argument "username" isn't numeric in numeric ne (!=) at /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm line 3027.

It shows up three times, at the same exact time, and that's it. The "username" appears to be the username of one of our users (I've replaced the actual name with 'username' for this email). This is the only reason RT ever goes down. If it weren't for this, I doubt we'd have any problems at all. Manually restarting the FCGI server fixes things for anywhere from one to five days before the same problem happens again. Has anyone seen this before? RT4.4.1 on Debian 8. Thanks.

I think it has something to do with the reminders if that helps.  The following if() statement is on line 3027 of that file.  I have no idea why "$args->{ 'Reminder-Owner-' . $reminder->id }" is has a value of the username of someone though since "$reminder->id" should return a numerical ID of the user.  Looks like a bug to me.

            if (
                exists( $args->{ 'Reminder-Owner-' . $reminder->id } )
                && ( $reminder->Owner !=
                    $args->{ 'Reminder-Owner-' . $reminder->id } )
              )
            {
                ( $status, $msg ) =
                  $reminder->SetOwner(
                    $args->{ 'Reminder-Owner-' . $reminder->id }, "Force" );
                push @subresults, $msg;
            }
--
Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management