[rt-users] error when using custom template

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed Oct 26 15:15:22 EDT 2016

Hello list,
I'm starting to test a custom template. When RT tries to use it, I see an
error appear in the system log:

Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Transaction.pm line 362

That line seems to be detecting any form of new line it can, so how could
my template possibly cause such an odd problem? This is my first stab at
custom templates; my boss doesn't want quoted text, so he wants reply links
in the body of notification emails that people will use in place of
standard email replies. I've pasted the text of my template below:

Subject: {$Transaction->CreatorObj->Name} Updated Ticket {Ticket->id}

Ticket {$Ticket->id} was updated (
reply</a>):

{$Transaction->Description}

Please do not reply to this message. Instead,
reply</a>,
or
ticket on the ticket site</a>.

--