[rt-users] Perl upgrade on Debian 9 causes JSON error

James Zuelow James.Zuelow at juneau.org
Thu Oct 27 12:50:35 EDT 2016

OK, to answer my own question, I edited line 197 of /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm

I just added the allow_blessed => 1 to get rid of the error message.

> sub EncodeJSON {
>     my $s = JSON::to_json(shift, { allow_blessed => 1, allow_nonref => 1 });
>     return $s;
> }

Now the question remains - am I silently breaking something else with that little hack?

I know just enough Perl to be dangerous, so freely admit I'm not aware of all of the possible ramifications of the edit.

James Zuelow
Systems Operations Manager
City and Borough of Juneau - MIS
(907) 586-0236