[rt-users] Gmail website replies to tickets, Outlook creates new ones

Nilesh me at nileshgr.com
Mon Oct 31 09:52:32 EDT 2016

On 31-Oct-2016 7:10 PM, "Alex Hall" <ahall at autodist.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
> I made a custom template with mailto: links in it, that comes from
noreply at example.com. The mailto: links populate the to: and subject: fields
of the new message as they should, and when the new email is sent, a
comment appears on the ticket. At least, if the user does this from the
Gmail website (our domain mail is handled by Gmail). If the user is on
Outlook, however, the "reply" gets turned into a new ticket. I can't see
what the difference is, since the mailto: link is the same. We're on
Outlook 2007, at least the few stations I've asked so far use 2007. Has
anyone ever seen this before? Any troubleshooting suggestions? Thank you.

https://bestpractical.com/training
> * Los Angeles - Q1 2017

Have you verified that the subject tag isn't getting stripped?

There are two ways to identify a reply - one via the subject and other via
in-reply-to header which most clients insert. In-reply-to isn't parsed by
RT, so a custom code is needed for that.

I got it from someone on this list and have implemented as a local
customization.

--
Nilesh