[rt-users] Custom fields default values on mail gateway

Diego Morales morales at propus.com.br
Thu Sep 1 10:58:19 EDT 2016

Someone in private pointed me to his book, and mentioned permissions. Then
I figured it out, dummy me. Of course, rights.

rt-mailgate "authenticates" as an user created out of the mails's FROM
address [1]. And that's an unprivileged user.

I tried several ways, and it only worked giving ModifyCustomField e
SeeCustomField rights to unprivileged users (I did this only for one
particular customfield I need the default to be set on arrival).

This seems like an excellent use case for the new SetInitialCustomField
right that came in 4.4.1, that would be more restricted, but setting or
unsetting it does not make any difference for my case. Can someone tip me
if this is a bug, feature request, or maybe still some wrong config of my
part?

[1]
https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/RT/Interface/Email/Auth/MailFrom.html

Diego Morales
Fones: +55 51 3024-3568 | +55 11 4063-8864
Propus - TI alinhada a negócios
Service | Telecom | Tech | Data Science
www.propus.com.br