[rt-users] Best web server for RT4?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Thu Sep 1 13:23:23 EDT 2016

Hey all,
I think it's pretty clear by now that no one on this list uses Nginx (my
server of choice). So, I guess I'll try to use Apache instead, using the
official setup page:
https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/web_deployment.html

I'm using 4.2.8, but it's the same thing for hosting, I hope. Anyway, the
Nginx section of the above page looked very simple--a configuration, a
restart of Nginx, a spawn-fcgi, and you're done. Worse are all the warnings
in each subsection of the Apache section. I'm not good enough with Linux to
fully grasp what it is they're warning me about, but when Apache, then each
subsection of Apache, has caveats and notes, while Nginx has none, I
thought I'd take the safer road. If Nginx isn't an option, though, which
method for Apache should I use to host the FCGI that RT needs in order to
work? Is there a different RT setup/serving page that explains things
differently? Thanks in advance.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department