[rt-users] Ading users to queues?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Sat Sep 3 19:34:02 EDT 2016

Hello list,
I'm in the process of setting up RT for testing in the company I work for.
I get groups and users now, and I know what queues are for. What I can't
find is how to add users to queues. Memberships for a user only includes
groups.

As I understand it, a queue is a logical grouping of tickets by topic. We
might have an IT queue, a customer service queue, a graphics design queue,
and so on. That way, users can open tickets for a given queue, and those in
that queue would be notified and could act on the ticket. That's where I'm
stuck, though: how do I get users to be part of queues, so they get ticket
notifications and access? Or, like making users admins, am I thinking about
this the wrong way round? Thanks!

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department